LOGIC Commercial Real Estate is looking to hire an individual to work as the Controller. In this role the individual will manage all financial and fiscal aspects of the firm’s operations and provides leadership and coordination in the business planning, finance and budgeting efforts of the company. The Controller is responsible for directing the organization’s overall financial policies by overseeing financial functions including the following areas: accounting, forecasting & budgeting, and financial reporting. The Controller also assists in the development of strategic initiatives and develops policies and procedures for the success of these initiatives.
LOGIC Commercial Real Estate is a full-service firm specializing in Brokerage, Property Management, Capital Markets and Receivership Services
Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Develop, maintain, and oversee financial accounting systems such as cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash, the general ledger, and bank transactions
- A complete analysis of periodic financial results; develop strategic recommendations
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts
- Monitor costs and work actively to reduce costs where appropriate
- Assist in obtaining the necessary licenses and insurance required to manage ongoing business operations
- Work to develop tools for improvement of operational efficiency and financial health within the department
- Accountable for the completion, execution, storage, and retention of all corporate agreements and documents in compliance with current legislation
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget
- Assist and educate other departments in the development of their respective budgets
- Supervise, mentor, and develop the finance center team members
- Groom and develop potential successors from within and outside the organization
- Remain current in accounting and regulatory changes and communicate changes to management
- Participate in policy development
Additional Job Functions:
- Communication– Ability to express ideas clearly and constructively (written and spoken, upward and downward, one-on-one and with groups).
- Initiative– Looks for opportunities to improve performance; manages time, work, and relationships effectively and efficiently.
- Professionalism– Treats others with respect; abides by the institutional values; displays a positive and cooperative attitude; adheres to the workplace code of conduct and compliance policies.
- Teamwork– Works proactively and collaboratively with others to streamline work and achieve mutual goals.
- Accounting: 6 years (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY